We tagged ourselves!!
1. How long ago did you start blogging and why did you start?
We started blogging in March 2005 and we did it because we wanted to write about the things that inspire us to be noble, good and heroic in life, hoping that you would be inspired, too.
2. How did you come up with your username/URL address?
We had already planned to make LotR our blog theme and we chose Ringbearer to remind us that we are all on a Quest to conquer sin and go the Grey Havens just like Christian in Pilgrims Progress was on a journey to the Celestial City.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Thinking about future posts and reading good articles on other friends blogs. (We save the ones we really like) Your encouraging comments inspire us to do our best, too.
4. What makes one blog stand out to you from all the others?
There are two things that make a blog stand out to us (1) well-written posts that make us think, laugh or learn new things and not just talk about what someone did that day and (2) a beautiful or creative design that is not too cluttered with a hodge podge of stuff.
5. On an average how long does it take you to write a post for your blog? About a 1/2 hr.
6. What has changed in your life since you started blogging?
We have learned some HTML, made new relationships and increased the amount of time we spend writing. My mom says we write better too.
7. Does your family support you (if so how) or do they think you're a blog addict?
Yes, they support us by reading our posts, offering ideas, and maybe giving us some tips on how to improve them. We arent blog addicts and dont spend a whole lot of time on our blog. It is really just writing the posts that take awhile. We don't visit many blogs and only comment on a few. We just don't have the time to do that a lot.
8. Have you ever gotten a negative comment? If so, how did you deal with it?
No, we have never received any negative comments, YET.
9.How often do you check your blog for new comments?
Twice a day. Because we live on the other side of the world, it is bed-time here, when everyone else is awake over there in America so we usually check for comments in the morning and then we dont get anymore until right before bed at night.
10. Do you have a blogging tip you can share?
(1) Dont just post about your life. These posts will not really thrill people who dont know you. Write about important and worthy things that will make people think or laugh. Remember that if you have a blog, you are an author! More people will have access to your blog than they would have access to your book, if you were to write one. Choose you words carefully! Once they enter the internet, you can never erase them, even if they are erased from your blog. Blogging is fun, but it is also serious business.
(2) Be gracious in your writing, no matter what the subject is about. When answering negative comments or commenting on others blogs, speak nicely, even if you disagree. No one will want to listen to you if you are impolite.
– Frodo and Legolas